- Little Magic: Sewing pants and stepping out (of late-stage capitalism): Sewing our own clothes has always been an act of rebellion. 1/14/2020
- Little Magic: Jeans that fit: Like a vitamin deficiency, I hadn’t realized what I’d been missing until I felt it. 1/29/2020
- Not Your Mama’s Prison Ministry. In Seattle, churches and activists work to dismantle the cradle-to-prison pipeline – one youth jail at a time. 4/2016.
- Courage! Your Faith Has Made You Well!: Is faith healing a sign that the Spirit is moving—or a response to economic pressure and a broken health-care system? Sojourners Magazine. Cover story, 8/2013.
How a Faith Healer Does Money. The Billfold. 9/28/15
You Don’t Have to Do That, a mini-series about the choices women make. Alt Magazine. 3/15-6/15
Surprising Faith on the Patheos network:
- Why are Little Girls So Creepy?: Perfectly happy pre-teen girls often have dark, morbid imaginations. Is something wrong? 1/14/15
- Miscarriage is Normal and Normal Hurts: It happens all the time. It’s supposed to happen. And it’s devastating. Here’s how it was for me. 12/1/14
Reviews for the Female Gaze Review:
The Wire, Portsmouth, NH:
- Feat in Two Worlds: When boy meets girl in the same body, the ordinary struggles of growing up gain a unique dimension. Communities, too, are living at the intersection of new laws and longstanding traditional ways, 6/19/13 (cover story)
- Women at Work, 4/26/13 (cover story)
- Planting Seeds, 3/26/13
- The Age of the Adjunct, 3/6/13
- Seeking Divinity in Dover, 2/28/13 (cover story)
- Craft Cheese, 2/14/13 (cover story)
“Flask Dress” in Best New Writing 2015
Repped by Sharon Pelletier of DGLM.