I got the idea to write a guide to running your own writing retreat after I realized that I had run my own writing retreat after I graduated from my MFA program. It was super fun to write–it has tables and lists and recipes! But, alas, the formatting and the glyph-designing and the editing (once again, mil gracias to my BFF Kel and KMR Publishing!) took a while. And then there was summer camp. So, I came up with this idea back in…April? And it is now (finally!) ready for your perusal.
Here’s what DIY Writing Retreat is:
- A guide to running your own personal retreat to write for one weekend.
- A schedule (down to the minute) with when to write, eat, relax, and write some more.
- Motivational writing that will get YOU writing.
- Lots of writing prompts (if you don’t know what to write) and ideas for how to make a writing goal (if you do).
- Easy recipes and a shopping list so that you don’t have to think about eating.
- Ideas for adventures to take in between writing sessions.
- Instructions for fun unwinding activities, like how to make a God’s eye, for you to do in the evenings.
And it works–following this schedule for three weeks, I wrote all of the text for DIY Chick Lit. Yes, all of it!
DIY Writing Retreat is going to be available here and on Amazon starting Oct. 3. If you’d like to download it RIGHT NOW, great news, you can! Sign up here and I will send you a link to get the guide for free. You’ll also get my monthly updates AKA ezine “Greetings from Bookland” where I share all of my deepest darkest secrets and occasionally a recipe for cupcakes.
So, to recap, you can sign up here to get updates from me, and then I will send you a link to download DIY Writing Retreat.