- Here is something related to my manuscript Finding Lucy, which I am revising bit by bit.
- A mini-review of Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
- I mentioned that I’m represented by DGLM
- I’ve written two ebooks, DIY Chick Lit and DIY Writing Retreat. They are writing guides and they are short and resource-packed (i.e. lots of prompts and tables).
- Geraldine Brooks is an author who uses a lot of research in her writing. One of her nonfiction books: Nine Parts of Desire. She also writes historical fiction: my favorite is The People of the Book.
- My MFA thesis was about my year in an evangelical church. Here is an article related to that project about faith healing.
- I got to learn from Meredith Hall.
- This is the script used only by women in a particular Chinese province.
- Two examples of immersion journalism: The Year of Living Biblically by A. J. Jacobs and The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin.
Would you be interested in a series on how to do research? What other questions do you have about getting started writing your novel? Please share in the comments!